KGiSL has wide expertise and knowledge in developing eGovernance solutions for various governmental agencies in India. Developing eGovernance software solutions requires a special approach in terms of understanding the explicit and implicit needs of various stakeholders in the process. The complex flow of processes requires an intricate understanding of various stages in the decision making process in a governmental setup. The need for transparency is very critical and the importance of a traceable audit trail enhances accountability.
Government Solutions Overview
KGiSL’s eGovernance solutions have won accolades in India and have been recognized by the federal and state governments through various awards and citations.
ePay HR is part of the eGovernance rolled out to manage payroll and HR activities for the directorate of health in the state of Kerala, India. ePay HR is used to manage employees spread across 5 departments - 50,000 officers and 8,000 doctors. ePay HR has modules for payroll, HR and user management.
The payroll module has various features such as payroll processing, maintaining employee master database, supplementary bill, bonus and arrears processing, income tax and provident fund calculation etc.
The HR module contains complete details of the employee listed in a chronological manner. This includes employee details, joining details, promotion and transfer details, leaves management etc.
Recognizing the importance and capitalizing on its skills and technologies developed over the years, KGISL has taken major initiatives in the area of e-Governance offering custom end-to-end solutions and services to the Coimbatore City Municipal Corporation in the following areas.
- Online Tax Collection
- Birth and Death Registration
- Tax Collection using Hand-held devices
- Mobile Applications
- Public Toilet Maintenance
- Garbage Bin Collection Monitoring
- Inspection Entries for Officials
- ML Entry Application in Tablet for Officials
- Payroll Management System
- Financial Accounting System (FAS)
- Water Supply: Reservoirs Water Distribution & Area-wise allocation
- Unified Communication System
The Unified Communication System implemented included a collection of the following elements:
- IP (Internet Protocol) PBX (Private branch exchange) - IP PBX
- Web Portal
- Interactive Voice Response System
- Grievance Management System & Call Center
- E Mail & Instant messaging
- SMS based Grievance redressal
Recognition & Awards for eGovernance
Corporation has been in lime light since 2003 onwards and currently the corporation has bagged a couple of awards from various top listed groups of the country.
In September 2013, Corporation’s e governance project has been listed under ‘INDIA’S BEST – 2013’ by SKOCH Digital Inclusion Awards.
Janaagraha Urban G2C Awards program is to benchmark citizen-centric e- Governance of city governments in India.
In 2012, Corporation was adjudged the best G2C website, best G2C website – 1 to 2 Million populated cities, best citizen voice, best user experience and also the overall championship at the inaugural edition of Janaagraha Urban G2C Awards.
In 2003, KGiSL e-governance effort has won two National Awards for Coimbatore City Municipal Corporation namely;
- Award 1 : Team Leadership in Implementing the e-Governance Initiative
- Award 2 : Team Leadership in Design, Development & Management of the website
The benefits that are derived from this eGovernance System are:
- Reduction in Administrative and Operational cost
- Better mobilization and utilization of resources
- Improvement in revenue collection
- Efficient citizen grievance redressal
- Improved communications
- Better co-ordination between departments and agencies
- Overall improvement in governance, delivery of services and citizen interface